Dr. Eric Avery, PT, DPT has been practicing the Art and Science of Physical Therapy since 2003. In his relatively short but life changing career, he has discovered that practicing Physical Therapy is more than just giving exercises, but involves many variables, tangible and intangible, that need to be assessed and addressed in order for his patients and clients to achieve maximum success. Dr. Avery created Empower Physical Therapy to meet the needs of his growing patient base.
Find your WHY! Why do you have pain? Why can you not run farther? Why can you not stand-up out of your chair? Why are you dizzy or have a balance discorder? It is not about a diagnosis, but what is it physically, or sometimes emotionally, that is keeping you from doing the functional things you want and need to do? This is my passion in life, to help all find their WHY behind their pain or functional limitations (inabilities to do things physically). Contact me today to start your journey in discovering your WHY and to regain your optimal health!
- Graduated with Masters of Physical Therapist Degree in 2002
- Graduated with a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree in 2003
- Practicing the Art and Science of Physical Therapy for 16 Years
- Logged over 500 Hours in chronic pain education
- Course entitled “Understanding Central Sensitization and the Neuroimmune System to Optimize Patient Recovery” given by American Physical Therapy Association and Dr. Dyanna Haley-Rezac, PT, DPT, OCS, NCS, FAAOMPT.
- Course entitled “Behavioral Treatment of Chronic Pain: Evidence-Based Techniques to Move People from Hurt to Hope” given by Martha Teater, MA, LMFT, LCAS, LPC.
- Course entitled “Safe and Effective Cervical Mobilization and Manipulation” given by the American Physical Therapy Association and Dr. Timothy W. Flynn, PT, PhD, OCS, FAAOMPT, FAPTA.
- Course entitled “The Physical Therapist as a Primary Care Provider for Patients with Low Back Pain” given by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Book entitled “Explain Pain” written by Dr. David Butler, PT, EdD and Dr. Lorimer Moseley, Pain Scientist. Book entitled “Back in Control” written Dr. David Hanscum, MD, Spinal Surgeon.
- Book entitled “The Science of Mindfulness. A Research-Based Path to Well-Being” written by Dr. Ronald D. Siegel, Pys. D.
- Book entitled “Mind to Matter: The Astonishing Science of How Your Brain Creates Material Reality” written by Dr. Dawson Church, PhD.
- Book entitled “Practicing Mindfulness. An Introduction to Meditation” written by Dr. Mark W. Muesse, PhD. Book entitled “You are the Placebo” written by Joe Dispenza, D.C., PhD.